bento geek
now with better pictures and no transparent image files!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007


What? egg cutlet on rice
When/Where? work, lunch intake
Comments: This is another classic lunch bento (not really a bento I guess) that I have had many times before. This one was super yummy though. Notice how on the closed package it says "eat within 2 hours" because the egg on the cutlet is so fresh (uncooked) and runny (a good thing on this kind of food) the rice was near perfect, and the meat was crispy but easy to eat. As a side note, I was tickled that this little shop decided to use "Japan-English" when talking to the other workers (something that many quick fast foodish restraunts do, like saying "numbaaa surii, sankyu" [number three thank you] after you make an order in Japanese.) I asked (in the language of the land of course) for take out and the lady took my order and then she shouts to the cook the name of my meal and "tekuitto" [take it!] which was an interesting varation of "take out" (or "to go" for that matter). In any case, this was a really good meal, I am getting hungry just thinking about it. I was bored of taking shots of my lunches on the table, so this one features a new background although still at work. This one was about 550YEN
bento geek, 1:44 AM
Commonly Used Words (drag me)
bento - Japanese style lunchbox
ekiben - Train station lunchbox
conbini - Convience store