bento geek
now with better pictures and no transparent image files!!

Monday, August 14, 2006

click to see big
What? sushi bento from marui department store
When/Where? Outside on a bench, near my work
Comments: I had this afternoon after work (half day today!) and it was HOT out, I almost melted. The fish would have cooked if I had left it out in the sun. This was a raw (of course) fish sushi bento of sorts. Oddly tuna was in it too, and like kimbap it was cooked. If you dont know, those brown sushi things are "bags" of sweet rice. Yummy... The taste of this bento was pretty nice, the fish was fresh. I had this with a 120YEN lemon tea drink from a vending machine. This bento cost about 540YEN.
bento geek, 5:46 PM
Commonly Used Words (drag me)
bento - Japanese style lunchbox
ekiben - Train station lunchbox
conbini - Convience store