bento geek
now with better pictures and no transparent image files!!

Saturday, July 29, 2006


What? Korean Ekiben! Kimbap
When/Where? On the KTX train to Pusan
Comments: I actually had this on my way to Seoul, but when I got to Seoul someone stole my cellphone. That sucks, but the biggest nasty thing about the stolen cellphone is the loss of two great bento pictures. Gone forever. Anyway, I took this with my old backup camera on my way back to Japan. Its kimbap which is basically the same as a Japanese sushi roll BUT the insides are all cooked. (Top roll is what Koreans call "nude roll" which is like a Californian roll, bottom is more traditional with seaweed on the outside.) This one was nice, good flavor. It came with a free container of bland water, but I bought a (approx) 110YEN lemon juice from the onboard vending machine. This cost about 420YEN. (3500WON)
bento geek, 4:11 PM
Commonly Used Words (drag me)
bento - Japanese style lunchbox
ekiben - Train station lunchbox
conbini - Convience store