bento geek
now with better pictures and no transparent image files!!

Friday, February 29, 2008


What? nikujaga puffy balloon style bento
When/Where? home, dinner time
Comments: You cant really see it in this picture, but this bento is an odd microwave balloon-up (hot air makes the cover expand like a balloon) kind of bento. It makes the veggies really fresh and yummy that way. Only 398YEN. Highly recommend it (got it from Lawson I think) as a good value to cost ratio example. However, let the veggies sit in their broth for a few minutes after opening it. If you eat them too fast they are still a bit too firm. The broth was also too "watery" for my liking, although maybe thats common. I like it a bit thicker I guess. But good stuff, nice nice.
bento geek, 8:14 PM
Commonly Used Words (drag me)
bento - Japanese style lunchbox
ekiben - Train station lunchbox
conbini - Convience store