bento geek
now with better pictures and no transparent image files!!

Friday, May 18, 2007


What? swastika pork cutlets
When/Where? my workie
Comments: If you notice, I called this one "swastika" pork cutlets. Why? Look at the package that I included in the photo. On the top of the name is a nazi swastika... right? Well, no actually, its a buddhist mark that only looks similar. Starting from next month, my coworker Trever is going to work in a different place, but we both had lunch at the same time a few days ago, so I asked him to show me some food he liked to get. He showed me this tonkatsu place in the mall, and I got this premade bowl. I took it back to the office and one of the staff saw me taking a picture of it, and so I told her I have a "lunchbox blog" and so maybe she thinks I'm a bit crazy now. Well, on with the craziness!! The meat was dryer than I usually like, and the tsukemono (japanese pickles) were a bit too bland, but this was a pretty good lunch, I liked it. I forget, maybe 450YEN
bento geek, 11:43 PM
Commonly Used Words (drag me)
bento - Japanese style lunchbox
ekiben - Train station lunchbox
conbini - Convience store