bento geek
now with better pictures and no transparent image files!!

Monday, October 02, 2006

click to see this yummy bento in big sizeworkingmen infront of my bento shop! click to see em even bigger
What? chili shrimp springroll bento
When/Where? in the park near my house
Comments: This afternoon after work (today is a half day) I went to my local conbini to get a bento. I was shocked to find out, they were all sold out. I went to the other conbini, it was also sold out, in a shocked state of denial I went to the last conbini in my area, only to find they were also sold out! Lunch time rush I guess. Then I remembered there is the "orijin bento" shop near my house that makes specifically only bento when you want it, I went on over... only to find a group of men ripping out the insides of the shop... it was closed!! (Can be seen in the picture under the bento above.) It was an anti-bento conspiracy. Not to be held down, I walked about 20 minutes to the other Orijin Bento in my area. I got this awesome bento, which was well worth the money. Although, I had this same thing in Korea and I liked it more there. The sweet-and-sour chili sauce was a bit too sour at Orijin, although still quite yummy. The rice was perfect, except the pickled plum was too small. The springroll was beyond perfect, crispy on the outside, and melty soft on the inside. The dimsum next to it was just ok, the ones I had in Hong Kong were (of course) better. This bento also had a small cube of sweat scrambled eggs. A quite good bento. 599YEN
bento geek, 10:50 PM
Commonly Used Words (drag me)
bento - Japanese style lunchbox
ekiben - Train station lunchbox
conbini - Convience store