bento geek
now with better pictures and no transparent image files!!

Sunday, April 23, 2006


What? 7/11 three meat and eggs bento
When/Where? 1:00 afternoon, on a bench
Comments: Ate this with a carton of orange juice (100YEN) and no extra sauce. This was a 7/11 bento, actually they changed their name in Japan to the uncool "7 and i holdings" recently (a fact Evan mentioned awhile ago too) but I still think of them as 7/11. The clerk was really polite, spoke Japanese in a very traditional style even though he was young. I went and ate this on my current favorite bench. It's right above an ant colony opening, so if I toss the ants a grain or two of rice I can watch them tug it around in strange patterns. They sometimes cant decide what way to take it, weaving back and forth. Great fun to watch. The bento itself was really yummy. Three different styles of meat, each with its own sauce. The scrambled eggs were kinda small, but not bad. The rice was healthy, brown and textured good. Notice how three green peas were placed in the bento, I guess for good looks, not taste. The only "side dish" was the pink pickled ginger. 395YEN
bento geek, 6:39 PM
Commonly Used Words (drag me)
bento - Japanese style lunchbox
ekiben - Train station lunchbox
conbini - Convience store